Greetings! I’m writing to let you know about a fun option that your child can use to study for quizzes and tests. Mrs. Jaffe and I have recently created a Web-based study tool through the educational Web site, www.quizlet.com. Quizlet offers a variety of ways students can use flashcards to study vocabulary words. The flashcards include definitions and photographs that reinforce students’ understanding. In addition to studying the word meanings, the flashcards can be manipulated to play games (“Scatter” and “Space Race” are fun!) and take practice tests. (In the “Study” mode, “Learn” and “Test” are the best options.) To date, we have created sets of flashcards to study for vocabulary quizzes and science and social studies tests.
In order for your child to make use of this engaging tool, you must sign up to join our “group.” Of course, this is totally voluntary, but I hope you will take advantage of this innovative study tool. Below are instructions that walk you through the steps involved in joining. It is simple and costs nothing, but the pay-off to your child is great!
How to Join Jaffe/Lee’s Quizlet Group:
1. Go to www.quizlet.com
2. In the upper right corner of the homepage, click on “Sign up.”
3. On the next page, enter the required information to sign up for a free quizlet account (not through Facebook).
4. Once you have signed up, you will receive an e-mail confirmation which will enable you to activate your account.
5. When you have an active account, you can get access to our flashcards by joining the jaffe/lee group.
6. To join the group, log onto the homepage, and click on “My Friends & Groups.”
7. Under Groups (right side of the page), search for “jaffe/lee.”
8. On the next page, click on the jaffe/lee group that is displayed.
9. Under “Join This Group,” enter the password, “jaffe/lee.”
10. The next page displays the study sets available to you.
Between now and the end of the school year, we will continue to add sets of flashcards that will help your child prepare for quizzes and tests. Since this is a new venture for us, we’d love to get your feedback on the study tool’s usefulness. Feel free to contact one of us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you think.