I will again be running the Math Olympiad program at Fox Hill. Below is the information that will be sent home next week with interested students.
Mathematical Olympiads for Elementary and Middle Schools (MOEMS) is a non profit public foundation which provides opportunities for children:
- To stimulate enthusiasm and a love for Mathematics
- To introduce important Mathematical concepts
- To teach major strategies for problem solving
- To develop Mathematical flexibility in solving problems
- To strengthen Mathematical intuition
- To foster Mathematical creativity and ingenuity
- To provide for the satisfaction, joy, and thrill of meeting challenges
MOEMS is designed for students who need a challenge in mathematics. Students should have a strong understanding of mathematical concepts and abilities to fully participate in MOEMS.
MOEMS will meet for one-hour after school from 3-4 in room 13 at Fox Hill. Students should bring a peanut-free snack and water.
Dates for MOEMS (please note on your calendar)
November 6, 13, 20 (Contest day)
December 4, 11, 18 (Contest Day)
January 8, 22, (Contest day) 29
February 5, 12, 26 (Contest Day)
March 5, 12, 19 (Contest day)
If your child is strong in math, loves a challenge, and is highly motivated to participate in MOEMS please return the bottom portion of the flyer to their homeroom teacher.There is no fee for this program and is based on a first-come-first-serve basis.