Translate

Sunday, September 8, 2013

First Week

     Our first week was simply great! I can tell already it will be a wonderful year.  We are getting to know each other and the routines and expectations.  It is a pleasure meeting with families and hearing how I can best ensure a successful fifth grade experience. Students are sharing their hopes and dreams and the entire fifth grade team has worked on creating a class constitution to help us all be accountable to ourselves and each other. We met two new fifth graders at our Belonging Assembly.  I was proud of their courage as they stood in front of their new classmates, and I was also proud of the way they were welcomed and embraced by the students.
      I look forward to continuing to meet and work with all of my students' families.  Here's hoping you can join us on Back to School Night, September 26.  The fifth grade team: Mrs. Jaffe, Mrs. McDowell, Mr. Norman, Mr. Lisano and I will be happy to talk about the curriculum and answer your questions.
Thank you for your continued support!

No comments: