Translate

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Welcome to Fifth Grade!

Dear Fabulous Fifth-grader,
I can’t wait to get back into our classroom and start preparing for the new school year.  Teaching is my absolute favorite thing to do.  Don’t get me wrong- I love summer: the beach, barbecues and good books!  My porch is my favorite place in the summer, because it’s where I can curl up and read for hours in any kind of weather.
Let me mention a great book I just finished.  It’s called Raymie Nightingale  by Kate DiCamillo.  The story tells about three girls who find friendship one unusual summer.  As the lives of these unforgettable characters unfold you learn that it takes a lot of bravery to be kind.  The toughest character in the book turns out to be both brave and kind, though you’d never guess that when you first meet her.  That’s what I love about reading great books. There are so many unexpected moments.  This book is realistic fiction, but my all time favorite genre is historical fiction.  It’s so exciting to me to be able to connect with the past while reading such a fascinating story. I look forward to hearing what your favorite books and genres are.  

If you have time I’d love to hear from you about what you are doing or what you are reading this summer.  You can e mail me at lee@bpsk12.org or you can send me a postcard at Fox Hill.  I’ll be in and out of school over the next couple of weeks setting up our classroom.  I’d love to hear your suggestions about what makes a great classroom, too!

I know the idea of coming back to school makes some excited, and some- well- not so excited, but remember, you have so many cool activities and experiences to look forward to.   I am so happy I can be a part of making your last year at Fox Hill a super memorable one.  

Enjoy the rest of your summer! I can’t wait to meet you!

                                                                                  Sincerely,

                                                                                  Mrs. Lee

No comments: