Translate

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Letter to Parents

I told the children that this was your homework this evening!
It was a great day, and your children were terrific!

September 4, 2012
Dear Fifth Grade Families,
Welcome to fifth grade! I know this is a greatly anticipated year for you and your child. For some of you, this may be your only or oldest child experiencing fifth grade. For some, well, you’ve been here before. Either way, I’m sure you know how exciting and busy this transition year can be. Even though the next few days will be spent getting to know each other and learning routines and schedules, we will jump right into our curriculum. Today your child received his/her assignment notebook and homework folder. Many papers will be coming home in this bright orange folder. I know you will need some time to read, discuss, and sign these. Of special note is the Fox Hill Code, which I’m sure is familiar to you, and needs to be discussed, signed and returned. The children and I will also create a classroom constitution so that our rules for behavior are clear, ensuring a safe, comfortable, and productive learning environment. I will talk more about this as well as homework, report cards, and curriculum on Back to School Night on September 27.
My primary goal is for fifth grade to be a productive and enjoyable school year. One crucial step toward this goal is to work with you, therefore it is my practice to meet briefly with parents as soon as possible to hear any information you need to share about your child. Please e- mail me or use the attached form to schedule this appointment. If you can fill out and return this tomorrow, I will be able to schedule appointments and get back to you by the end of the week. You will also receive a questionnaire that may help you think about points to discuss. You can send it in before our visit or bring it with you. It will be very helpful for me to have this information even if you are unable to meet at this time.

I know this is a busy time of year, so thank you in advance for giving me the opportunity to meet you and learn about your child. The entire fifth grade team looks forward to working with your family this year.

Warm regards,


Roseann Lee

Please indicate a first and second choice. I will try to accommodate you. Again, this is just a 10-minute conference. It’s a chance for you to tell me anything you think I need to know. I am available to meet with you at any time during the school year, so feel free to contact me anytime with questions and concerns.
Roseann Lee
lee@bpsk12.org
781 238 5688

Morning conferences are scheduled between 7:45 and 8:15. Afternoon conferences are scheduled between 3:00 and 4:00. Please indicate the day, date and whether you prefer morning or afternoon.
*Please note: I cannot schedule appointments on Wednesday afternoons as we have faculty meetings on Wednesdays.
Thank you for returning this as soon as possible. I will confirm promptly so you can note the date and time on your calendar.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

1st Choice:

Day:__________________ Date:_________________AM or PM


2nd Choice:

Day:__________________ Date:_________________AM or PM


Please print your child’s name________________________

Please print your name clearly_______________________

Phone/e mail_________________________________________

No comments: